Under limited direction practices in adherence with the NASW Code of Ethics and in compliance with the DMC mission statement, policies, procedures and other regulatory agencies, acts as a member of the care management team by providing psychosocial evaluation, crisis intervention, psychotherapeutic support and counseling to patients and their families. Facilitates adjustment to the secondary effects of illness, addresses personal and/or environmental problems in order to maximize the benefits of available health care services. Acts as a liaison between facility, family, government and community agencies. Manages conflict resolution at the patient level. Assesses and facilitates transition to the next level of care for complex patients. Maintains working knowledge and database of community resources available to patients and their families, including but not limited to support groups, behavioral health providers, and supportive resources. Maintains current knowledge of health care techniques/practices, and social work strategies through educational programs/resources. Maintains a working knowledge of the requirements of payers, regulatory and compliance entities. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with physicians and all other staff members, internally and externally. Identifies problems or dissatisfaction experienced by any customer or referring source and works to resolve them to a high degree of service excellence. Uses positive interpersonal skills to effectively resolve conflict. Promotes a positive customer relations environment. Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
1. Master's degree in Social Work from a college or university social work program approved by the Michigan Board of Social Work and accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. Current license as a Licensed Master's Social Worker in the State of Michigan,
Current limited license to engage in the practice of social work at the Master's level in the State of Michigan, with full licensure within 3 years from date of hire.
3. One to two years of social work experience, preferably in a hospital setting,
Six month social work internship in a hospital setting.
1. Analytical ability and critical thinking to identify opportunities for improvement and problem resolution.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with patients, families and all levels of hospital personnel.
3. Verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse populations including physicians, employees, patients and their families.
4. Ability to cope with stressful situations or encounters, manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities, and to work regularly with difficult medical/emotional/psycho-social problems.
5. Teaching abilities to conduct educational programs for staff, patients, families and community.
6. Comprehensive knowledge base and physical ability to systematically assess patients and families to identify psychosocial health status and needs.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Receiving Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905044317
About DMC Receiving Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.