The Genetic Counselor Supervisor is accountable for the administrative, research, educational and clinical activities of the Cancer Center Genetic Counseling program and for the direction and supervision of genetic counseling staff. The Genetic Counselor Supervisor performs direct patient care in addition to the managerial duties and works independently under the Director of Operations. This position is also responsible for the oversight of community, student and health care professional education as well as the direction for genetic counseling research, grant and publishing activities and opportunities.
· Graduation with a Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling from an ACGC- accredited genetic counseling program.
· Board Certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics or the American Board of Genetic Counseling
· 10 years of experience in clinical genetic counseling
· Previous lead/supervisory experience preferred.
· Previous research activities
· Published presentations and posters, and grant requests
· Experience teaching in a health care educational facility as faculty
Additional Salary Information: Competitive benefit package includes funding for continuing education, professional society dues, and certification/recertification fees.
Internal Number: 1
About University of Kansas Cancer Center
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated cancer center in the Kansas City metro, region and the state of Kansas. Our doctors are specialists in all forms of cancer, from rare conditions to the more common. Every patient receives personalized treatment designed specifically for their unique cancer.