- Utilize advanced knowledge of functional health patterns, physiology, pathophysiology, and psychosociology in the assessment of patients within an area of expertise.
- Continually evaluates policies, and procedures within specialty of genetics.
- Serve as a resource for other health care providers for advanced clinical practice in area of expertise.
- Serve in the role of genetics counselor on the cancer committee.
- Attend cancer conferences and cancer committee meetings providing insight and suggestions in the area of genetics.
- Participate in the organizations high risk screening program.
- Educate patients and families on preventative care, medical issues and treatment.
- Work in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Prescribe oncologic testing, appropriate follow up imaging if needed
Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic test results
Assess, diagnose and provide treatment and communicate with patients, families, and physician.
- Interprets and analyzes genetic laboratory testing and results.
Assess need for revision of policies and procedures.
Evaluate all services provided for consistency with professional's standards, compliance with plan of care, the appropriateness, adequacy, and effectiveness of services.
- Conduct comprehensive pre and posttest counseling and ordering of genetic testing for cancer predisposition.
- Review literature, methodology, outcomes, and implications of nursing/ medical research and disseminates findings.
- Increase organization and community awareness regarding Genetics/Risks, through educational presentations, community service projects, and community outreach programs.
- Collaborate in the planning of community lectures aimed at educating the community about the risk factors for developing cancer
- Maintain accurate and confidential medical records. Electronic documentation (dictation) of all medical evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with national and state regulatory standards.
- Participates in Survivorship program