One position will provide coverage for the Maternal Fetal Medicine department and the other position will provide coverage for the Oncology department. Both positions would have the opportunity to expand into Neurology, Endocrinology, and/or Cardiology in the future if interested.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
Provide counseling, coordination of care and genetic testing for individuals and/or families.
Serve as an educational resource for patients, families, providers, and medical staff.
Opportunities for clinical research
Multidisciplinary team approach
Collaborate with highly engaged and supportive physicians
Why Sioux Falls?
Looking for a balance between small-town vibe and urban opportunity? Sioux Falls, SD is a fast growing community that offers the conveniences and entertainment opportunities of a large city with the sense of community and ease of living of a small town (http://visitsiouxfalls.com/why-sioux-falls/).
Avera's focus is on patient-centered care with an emphasis on compassion, kindness, and empathy.
Master's degree (MS) in Genetic Counseling, or an applicant who is in the process of completing their Master's degree from a program accredited by the ACGC.
Required to be board certified, or eligible for certification as a Genetic Counselor by either the American Board of Genetic Counseling or the American Board of Medical Genetics.
Internal Number: 1902515
About Avera Mckennan Hospital & University
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
• 545-bed facility
• Service encompasses a population of 800,000
• Non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health
System and surrounding five-state area
• A full range of services offered, including Careflight airplane and helicopter air
ambulances, Level II Trauma Center, open heart surgery, the region's only program
for kidney, pancreas and bone marrow transplants, one of the finest birthing centers
nationwide with perinatologists, Level III NICU with neonatologists, PICU with
pediatric intensivists, CARF accredited rehabilitation services and a full spectrum of
mental health care.
The Sioux Falls Community
• South Dakota's largest city with a population of 200,000
• "Best place to live in America" as judged by Money Magazine for its quality of life,
including low crime rate, high quality education, clean air and water, lack of traffic
congestion and friendly residents
• 22 elementary, 5 middle, and 4 high schools
• 13 private schools affiliated with various religious organizations
• Five colleges, nearby state universities and a number of busin...ess and vocational
• 80 parks
• Host to professional teams in basketball, baseball, football, hockey and soccer
• The Avera Sports Institute provides comprehensive sports training, rehabilitation and
enhancement programs in a 40,000 square foot year-round athletic training center
• 1835 seat performing arts center
• Empire Mall with 180 stores
• Over 400 restaurants