Tucson Medical Center is actively recruiting for a Genetic Counselor who is certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling and/or the American Board of Medical Genetics to join our program. The Genetic Counselor works as a member of a health team providing risk assessment, education and supportive counseling to individuals and families at risk for, or diagnosed with a variety of inherited conditions. This person will interpret genetic testing, and serve as the organizational resource for aspects and issues related to human genetics.
Excellent compensation package
Robust benefit options
Collegial work environment
Highly skilled support staff
Tucson AZ offers a low cost of living and a high quality of life. We are 4 hours to skiing and 4 hours to the beach! Come practice where so many love to vacation!
Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS Masters degree in genetics counseling or related field required Basic computer skills required Knowledge of genetic pedigree drawing programs Board certification in genetic counseling by the American Board of Medical Genetics required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Two or more years experience in genetic counseling
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 002314
About Tucson Medical Center
TMC HealthCare is Southern Arizona's regional nonprofit hospital system with Tucson Medical Center at its core. Each day staff comes to work to use their skills and expertise to improve the health of the entire community, from birth to the end of life.
TMC Healthcare Highlights:
• Joint Commission Accredited
• 600+ beds
• Teaching, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
• Team Based care focused on the patient and excellent patient outcomes
• Evidence based medicine with best practices and continuous improvement focus
• Professional support and growth within the organization
• 24/7 dedicated Pediatric ED
• 14+ ambulatory clinics for primary care, specialty care and urgent care within the system with a regional referral base
• 42 bed Level III NICU
• 12 bed PICU
• 33 bed Pediatric Unit with around the clock in-house Pediatric Hospitalists
• Other specialty areas include: Women’s, maternity, cardiac care, orthopaedic, neuroscience, hospice, surgical, vascular and geropsychiatric care.
• Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network
• Partnership in the Southern Arizona Hospital Alliance