Providence is calling a Cardiovascular Invasive Technologist (Cath Lab, Variable Shift, On-call) to Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Position details: This is a supplemental position (0.0FTE) non-benefited. This position is part of the call rotation. Possible weekend coverage.
In this position you will:
- Prepare monitoring equipment and prep patients for procedures such as heart caths, cerebral angios, cartoids, runoffs, and other typical and special radiology procedures.Monitor procedures and manage films and reports.
- Perform basic care functions including psychological and physiological needs.
- Provide reassurance to the patient.
- Explain instructions and direct patient during procedures.
- Demonstrate competence in assembling and performing patient monitoring such as Q-Cath, oximeter, blood gas analyzer, intra-aortic balloon pumps, defibrillator, pressure injector, EKG and other monitors.
- Acquire rhythms and evaluate technical quality. Interpret rhythms and hemodynamic information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an approved School of Cardiovascular Technology. Experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Must apply for, and obtain, a Washington State Department of Health Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist certification upon hire
- Invasive experience is based on department's needs and on individual positions
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for Healthcare Providers
- Recent experience in acute care facility
- Interventional radiology experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County—the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Cath Lab
Req ID: 152636