Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Customer Service Representative \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work in Central Business Services at the Swedish Bank of America Building in Seattle, WA\.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for responding to a high volume of inquires from patients and insurance carriers via telephone and/or written correspondence\.
In this position you will:
- Ensure efficient, accurate and courteous service to customers is maintained
- Respond to a high volume of incoming calls from patients, insurance carriers, and others requesting information regarding account discrepancies, policies and procedures
- Handle patient inquiries while conveying a professional and friendly attitude
- Research billing questions utilizing system data, voucher remittances, and medical charts
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- General knowledge of bookkeeping, collection procedures and principles, basic accounting and familiarity with insurance industry practices
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes
- Two years related work experience in a health care environment
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 145519