Swedish is calling an Administrative Director, Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute in Seattle, Washington\.We are seeking a leader to:
Provides overall administration and management of Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute Clinical Services throughout the Swedish network in order to provide efficient, high quality systems with patient focused care\. Actively participates as a member of the Heart and Vascular Services Administrative teams and participates in setting policy and strategic planning\. Plays a key leadership role and is responsible for all aspects of operations and the provision of quality patient care, financial planning and performance, business development activities, building and maintaining physician relationships, program development and customer satisfaction\. The Regional Director is accountable for creating a culture of safety by assessing, implementing, and evaluating patient care to ensure quality and compliance with professional and regulatory standards\. Develops and maintains professional collaborative relationships with various medical directors in the pursuit of cost\-effective, high quality care\. Provides leadership for continuously improving the quality of patient care, the customer experience and the level of nursing practice within these services\. Provides leadership and direction for the evaluation and implementation of cardiovascular technologies and for regulatory and accreditation compliance for cardiovascular programs throughout the Swedish system including the Ballard, Cherry Hill, Edmonds, First Hill and Issaquah campuses and the Ambulatory Care Centers\. The position also represents the Heart and Vascular Institute and Surgical Services on a variety of internal and external groups that address initiatives, programs and projects\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing or a baccalaureate degree in a related healthcare field\.
- Master's degree healthcare administration, business administration or related field\.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington or license to practice as a Healthcare practitioner in another specialty\.
- Must have at least seven to ten years of recent administrative experience in a hospital environment; a tertiary medical center preferred\.
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- Experience with surgical services and heart and vascular services preferred\.
- Experienced health care executive with proven track record in clinical operations and clinical program development with a major institution or market leader\.
- Financial, business development, marketing, analytical, teambuilding and collaborative working skills essential\.
- Knowledge and skills in hospital inpatient and outpatient and related physician practice operations and reimbursement are highly desired\.
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest market helpful\.
- Relevant background and experience in strategic planning, project management, financial/quantitative analysis and budgeting\.
- Experience in healthcare business development activities including business plan preparation and presentation\.
- Experience working with physicians in a business environment\. Line management experience in a healthcare organization\.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of administrative concepts, organizational behavior, management process, legal and ethical principles, health care economics, health and public policy, and consumer health care issues\.
- Must have knowledge of current technology and trends in healthcare\.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with a focus on accountability, building and developing highly functional teams, and continuous improvement\.
- Proven leadership ability, including staff development, critical thinking, long range planning, change management, and ability to build support and achieve consensus form diverse groups across complex organization\. T
- he ideal candidate's critical leadership attributes will include integrity, honesty, collaboration, shared decision making, flexibility, maturity, clinical business and political awareness, stamina, courage in making tough decisions, and strong interpersonal skills\.
- Promotes collaboration while working when making decisions that affect operations\.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing, is flexible, initiates and leads change\.
- Demonstrates a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking\.
- Establishes clear expectations, and continuously measures performance\. Has a highly organized, self\-directed approach to work\.
- Follows through on commitments and manages expectations\.
- Balances multiple responsibilities and demands\.
- Maintains a commitment to quality and service in all aspects of his/her work, and strives for continuous organization improvement\.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 153288