Providence is calling a Registered Medical Assistant (Per Diem, Day Shift) to the Sexual Assault Clinic in Lacey, WA.
This is a Per Diem position and is not eligible for benefits. This Registered MA willl support the Sexual Assault Clinic in Lacey and requires travel 2 days per month to Lewis County.
In this position you will:
- Work closely with physicians and mid-level providers (i.e. nurse practitioners, etc.) to help ensure the delivery of high quality patient care.
- Apply your knowledge, skills, and experience in patient interactions that take place both in person and over the telephone.
- Contribute to the collection of patient information.
- Recognize and verbally report signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect for all ages of patients served.
- Provide for safety needs of patients.
- Maintain the medical records according to institutional guidelines, ensuring that all required documents and results are posted properly and timely in the patient's record.
- Assist the provider(s) in invasive and noninvasive procedures according to established guidelines.
- Perform clerical duties related to office functions, patient charting and compliance monitoring.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited and certified Medical Assistant program
- Active Washington State DOH Medical Assistant Registration within 60 days of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two years of community college or business school training
- Work experience in a clinic setting
- Certification as a Medical Assistant (MA)
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Other Licensed Technicians
Req ID: 153815