Providence is calling a Radiology Assistant (Variable Shift you will be asked to work day evening and night shifts, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Saint Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Monitor worklists and filters within Medicalis using section guidelines; move exams as appropriate to ensure equal and accurate distribution of exams for sub-specialized reading.
- Appropriately prioritize all exams and dispatch as needed to meet designated turnaround time.
- Facilitate and dispatch referring physician and technologist calls to appropriate radiologists by sub-specialty.
- Triage multiple calls on multiple phone lines.Have knowledge of all radiologist shift definitions and sub-specialized radiologist groups.
- Prepare exams for radiologist interpretation: includes verifying exam, clinical information, contrast, fluoro time and prior studies fields on the online form (OLF) are filled out accurately.
- Document all communications on individual exams as necessary.
- Utilize multiple patient record systems to obtain additional histories and information on exams as needed and requested.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate in Science (A.S.) degree, or related work experience equivalent
- 2 years of progressive clinical experience in the Radiology Department
- Ability to organize and analyze statistical data
- Basic software applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, Email)
- English (written and spoken)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) certification
- Anatomy and medical terminology knowledge
About the hospital you will serve.
St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Student / Interns - Allied / Tech positions
Req ID: 152964