Providence is calling a Dietetic Technician to the Nutrition Services Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that medical nutrition therapy is optimized by assisting patients in the daily application of therapeutic diet prescriptions. Assist patients with menu selection within the prescribed medical nutritional therapy guidelines prescribed by the physician with special emphasis on patients with allergies and with specialized diet needs.
- Provide introductory patient education when directed by the dietitian and assesse the patient's need for additional intervention by the Registered Dietitians.
- Complete the initial assessment of low priority patients and screen for additional interventions under the direction of the clinical nutrition staff.
- Function as a liaison between Registered Dietitians, patients and Dietary Specialists to promote optimal nutrition of the hospitalized patient.
- Maintain inventories of patient education materials such as introductory medical nutritional therapy brochures, tray tent explanations of therapeutic restrictions and tray-related general nutrition education information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Strong communication skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree in Food and Nutrition or related field
- One (1) year of hospital experience in food service or other health care related field.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Dieticians and Clinical Nutrition Specialists
Req ID: 142431