The WRHA Genetics & Metabolism team at the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada provides genetic and metabolic services to 6000 Manitoba, Northwest Ontario and Nunavut patients annually in a variety of settings including pediatric/adult, prenatal, cancer and metabolics. The program has over 30 talented and dedicated team members who strive for excellent patient care. The program is affiliated with the University of Manitoba, affording teaching and academic opportunities.
About the city:
Winnipeg lies at the geographic centre of Canada & North America and is the capital city of Manitoba. Its population is diverse with 100 languages and nationalities. Known as the "cultural cradle of Canada", it has a flourishing art and cultural scene, museums & theaters, professional sports venues, year round festivals and is a foodie's paradise.
About the position:
- Genetic Counsellor for Metabolic & Newborn Screening
-Full Time, permanent Monday to Friday
- Start Date: June 1, 2017
- Masters Degree in Genetic Counselling from an accredited training program
- Board eligible/board certified with the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors (CAGC) and/or the American Board of Genetic Counselling (ABGC) reguired
- Preference will be given to candidates with over 3 years clinical experience however new graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Commitment to maintaining and evolving current knowledge in area of expertise through reviewing literature and attending continuing educational activities, as well as participating in the training of Medical and Genetic Counselling students and medical trainees.
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively with patients, families and healthcare team members.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledge in Aboriginal customs, beliefs and practices.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits package includes: Healthcare, vision, dental and pension are included.
The WRHA Genetics and Metabolism team at the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada currently provides genetic services to over 6000 Manitoba, Northwest Ontario and Nunavut patients annually in a number of settings including pediatric/adult, Prenatal, Cancer and Metabolic Services. The program has over 30 talented and dedicated team members who strive for excellence in patient care. ...The program is affiliated with the University of Manitoba, affording teaching and academic opportunities.