Providence is calling a Medical Assistant II ( Full Time / Day Shift ) for the Providence Medical Institute location in Hawthorne, CA.
In this position you will:
- Under the direct medical supervision of a physician, the Medical Assistant II implements delegated aspects of care and assists in both direct and indirect patient care.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant training program or a foreign license RN or LVN.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Two years of general medical assisting experience.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Good communication skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- State Certification.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Health & Services is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 151165