With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, DC area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians.
Responsible for the critical aspects of patient management, including cancer risk assessment, selection and interpretation of appropriate hereditary cancer tests, and discussions of options for cancer screening and risk reduction.
- Master's degree from an American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC)-accredited genetic counseling program.
- Board-eligible or certified by American Board of Genetic Counseling and in good standing. Board-certified preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in cancer genetic counseling.
- Working knowledge of cancer genetic counseling.
- Excellent case management, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively with all levels of healthcare professionals.
Location, location, location!
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance
- Wellness programs
- Free shuttle from Metro stations
Located in Washington, DC, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The DC metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries and restaurants. Employees live in DC, Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person
. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care
set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds
, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/135907/
Equal opportunity employer.