Providence is calling a Sr. Executive Compensation Consultant to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
The Senior Compensation Consultant is instrumental in the development and ongoing administration, design, analysis and implementation of various Providence compensation programs and executive benefit programs across the system, including pay for performance, salary structure design and modeling, complex costing scenarios and incentive plans. Influences management and others to take a strategic approach to solving compensation challenges. Provides guidance and information to management on compensation related issues. Develops presentations to support Executive Compensation Committee materials. Works directly with the Board and Management Consultant on regulatory compliance subject matter. Performs research, analysis and evaluation of current and proposed compensation plans. Ensures pay structures are competitive, equitable and cost effective. Conducts job analysis, market analysis, pay and classification reviews. Develops compensation recommendations and costing. Assists in the development of internal policies/standards for compensation related programs. . Performs all duties in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Sisters of Providence mission and philosophy. Acts as mentor to other Compensation team members, serving as a resource as needed.
In this position you will:
- Perform benchmark analyses and present to Total Rewards Management. Evaluate market and economic trends. Identify variances and develop recommendations. Analyze costs of proposed recommendations.
- Consult with Directors/Managers and Human Resources on issues pertaining all areas of compensation management. Handle issues with typically large scope, higher levels of complexity, sensitivity and/or visibility with the organization. Encourage others to take a strategic approach to solving compensation issues as opposed to simply responding to the current situation. Serve as a resource to explain compensation policy and systems. Provide training on compensation related programs. Act as a subject matter expert in areas of compensation practices.
- Work collaboratively with HR and operations leaders on projects. May be asked to lead team or represent Compensation on system wide initiatives. Serve on committees as necessary as the compensation subject matter expert.
- Work in collaboration with leadership to develop and implement uniform compensation practices (such as policies, procedures and guidelines), design compensation programs
- Conduct the job evaluation process, consult with HR partners and managers who are creating or revising positions to develop job descriptions that meet internal standards and that reflect actual essential functions and minimum requirements. Review job descriptions for content. May request revisions to clarify or enhance the quality and consistency.
- Prepare offers and contracts for the highest level of the organization. Perform valuation on candidate's current compensation and partner closely with Executive Recruiting to hire Executive leaders.
- Coordinate with HRIS and Recruitment to ensure consistent administration of pay practices. Participate in audits to ensure adherence to compensation programs, policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements. Perform employee equity review and analysis as needed if concern of inequity is present. Adhere to facility and departmental confidentiality policies.
- Participate as a member of the Compensation Functional Team in the work of implementing system-wide software, standards and guidelines.
- Participate in the design and development and implementation of new or alternative pay programs. Compile data, perform impact analysis and make recommendations to management.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Social Science, or related field. Significant, appropriate and relevant years of work experience may substitute for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years' related compensation experience, knowledge of compensation systems in a large complex organization.
- Experience in incentive design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and/or local regulations, standards, practices and requirements related to compensation management and salary administration.
- Knowledge of compensation methodology, principles, standards and practices.
- Knowledge of human resources policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of information systems, especially hardware/software applications, and their application to human resources systems. Advanced proficiency in computer skills and applications such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Certification in Compensation (CCP).
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Human Resources
Req ID: 147957