Imagine a place where you can improve lives every day. This is Northside Hospital – Georgia’s Most Preferred Hospital in Overall Healthcare Services for more than 16 consecutive years, and the fastest-growing healthcare organization in the Southeast. Now add the unmatched combination of excellent weather, schools and cost-of-living, and all the robust recreational and cultural amenities of Atlanta, and it’s easy to see why Northside Hospital provides an opportunity like no other.
Northside’s Center for Perinatal Medicine (CPM) is a comprehensive prenatal diagnostic center featuring state-of-the-art resources and an award-winning Level III Neonatal ICU. Staffed by board-certified specialists and exceptional obstetricians, geneticists, neonatologists and pediatric cardiologists, CPM offers the highest quality care to patients across the Atlanta area. We currently seek a compassionate, qualified professional to join our team as a Genetic Counselor.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will collaborate with nurses, sonographers, perinatologists, OB/GYNs, radiologist, and geneticists, providing services at three locations (Atlanta Main Campus, Alpharetta, and Forsyth offices). In this role, you will be responsible for providing:
- Prenatal and preconception genetic counseling for a wide variety of indications including: advanced maternal age, positive serum screens, positive cell-free DNA screening, CVS, amniocentesis, ultrasound abnormalities, multiple miscarriages, and family histories of known or suspected genetic diseases
- Coordination and follow-up of genetic screenings and tests
- Prompt response to physicians in clinic, over the phone, and through genetic counseling reports
- Answers to inquiries from providers and staff regarding patient health care management
- Mentoring and supervision to genetic counseling students
- Routine administrative assistance as needed