Prenatal Genetic Counselor
The Sacred Heart Human Resources Department encourages you to picture yourself in a valuable role with Northwest Florida's leading health care provider -- Sacred Heart Health System.
As a member of the Ascension Health System, Sacred Heart has a history of providing high-quality, compassionate care since 1915.
Salaries are highly competitive and we offer an excellent, flexible benefits package. We are fortunate to attract people who believe in our mission and who are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families.
The Regional Perinatal Center at Sacred Heart Hospital in beautiful Pensacola, Florida is seeking a genetic counselor to join a busy, private perinatal group. Our office currently has one other GC and 3 MFM physicians. RPC provides a great opportunity for prenatal counseling regarding fetal anomalies, prenatal testing (screening and diagnostic), preconception counseling, etc. There are opportunities for pediatric counseling through the neonatal intensive care unit as well as adult counseling during preconception sessions. RPC also has multiple outreach clinics ranging from Fort Walton Beach to Dothan, AL that involve our GCs.
Sacred Heart Hospital works closely with the OB/GYN and Pediatric residents through Florida State University, allowing for resident education. There are opportunities to be involved with community education as well.
Sacred Heart Hospital also offers an excellent compensation package.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Genetics/Genetic Counseling from ABGC-accredited genetic counseling training program
- One year of experience in Genetic Counseling or related experience preferred. New graduates will be considered.
Licensure, Certification, and Registration
- Board certified (or Board eligible) by the American Board of Genetic Counseling or American Board of Medical Genetics
- Current Basic Life Support certification required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further,
please contact the Office Manager :