Corporate Director Perioperative & Surgical Services
Christiana Care Health System
December 15, 2017
Full Time - Experienced
The Corporate Director is responsible for all non-clinical operations within Perioperative Services. This includes actively participating in strategic planning, development and execution of programs and projects that support and improve the Perioperative Services and the Surgical Service line. The Corporate Director will have responsibility for program development in a matrixed environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that the key constituents with Christiana Care Health System understand and support the benefits of the development of new programs and services that contribute to the broader system goals. Involves and informs all relevant stakeholders who could impact or be impacted by a decision, activity, or outcome of programs and projects within Perioperative Services and the Surgical Service line.
• Responsible for all Performance Improvement/Quality and Safety programs including Lean Six Sigma projects within Perioperative Services and the Surgical Service line.
• Develops business plans to ensure success of Perioperative Services and the Surgical Service line including analyzing financial and market reports. Identifies and communicates potential risks and develops mitigation plans.
• Monitors outcomes of Perioperative Services and the Surgical Service line with a focus on improvement of operational, financial and clinical results. This includes Data Analytics, Quality and Safety and AOP Goal Management.
• Builds tactical physician and administrative relationships. Demonstrates the ability to work with a diverse workforce including employed/ non-employed clinicians and CCHS employees in various roles.
• Responsible for overseeing completion of deliverables on schedule. Effectively and efficiently influences processes, outcomes and behaviors to complete assignments in a timely and quality focused manner.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Master’s Degree Required in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, or related field.
• 5-7 years of experience in financial or operations administration, preferably in a hospital-based environment with at least 5 years in a leadership position
• Proficiency in Lean Six Sigma
Why choose Christiana Care?
“At Christiana Care, our mission is simple and profound- we take care of people”- Janice E. Nevin, M.D., MPH- President and CEO
Christiana Care Health System, with locations in Wilmington and Newark, DE, is one of the largest health care providers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. We are named one of “America’s Best Hospitals” (and #3 among 96 hospitals in the Philadelphia region) by U.S. News & World Report. Truven Health Analytics- 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S. and is the only major teaching hospital in the nation to win the Everest Award consecutively in both 2015 and 2016. We have an excess of 1,100 beds between our two hospitals (Christiana and Wilmington Hospital) and are committed to providing the best patient care in the region.
Christiana Care offers a competitive base salary, annual incentive bonus, relocation support and a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 403-B with match, defined contribution plan and generous paid time off.
Join us in this journey to provide excellent care! We Serve Together…
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Christiana Care Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of sev...en counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive.Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.