Tuition Assistance and/or Sign-on Bonus available, along with relocation assistance.
We are seeking a Full Time Genetic Counselor! Join our rapidly growing genetic counseling practice in Oncology at our Avera Cancer Institute.
Oncology Roles and Responsibilities
Collaborate with highly engaged and supportive physicians, researchers, and staff at Avera Cancer Institute, including Breast Surgeons, Gynecologic Oncologists, Medical Oncologists, Gastroenterologists, Colorectal Surgeons, and Genomic Medicine researchers
Provide counseling, coordination of care and genetic testing for individuals and families
Serve as an educational resource for patients, families, providers and medical staff
Availability of cross-coverage in Maternal Fetal Medicine, if desired
Opportunities for clinical research, if desired
Why Sioux Falls?
Looking for a balance between small-town vibe and urban opportunity? Sioux Falls, SD is a fast growing community that has this to offer! Sioux Falls offers the conveniences and entertainment opportunities of a large city with the sense of community and ease of a small town. (http://visitsiouxfalls.com/why-sioux-falls/)
Avera's focus is patient-centered care with an emphasis on compassion, kindness and empathy.
The Avera Cancer Institute is comprised of six locations connecting cancer patients across the region to the latest treatments and technology. Avera has the largest cancer care team in the region, and is on the cutting edge of treatment with the Avera Center for Precision Oncology.
Avera Medical Group-Maternal Fetal Medicine has two fellowship trained MFM Geneticists, and serves patients in a five-state region. Working with a prenatal palliative care team as well as a newly renovated Level IIB Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Avera Medical Group-MFM is there to help patients prepare and make decisions that are best for them and their pregnancy.
Master's Degree (MS) in Genetic Counseling, or an applicant who is in the process of completing their Master’s Degree from a program accredited by the ACGC
Board certified by the American Board of Genetic Counseling, or American Board of Medical Genetics, OR must have Active Candidate Status for the ABGC Board Examination, and must successfully obtain ABGC Certification within two (2) ABGC exam cycles
South Dakota State Licensure as a Genetic Counselor. Licensure may be obtained after hire
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center
• 545-bed facility
• Service encompasses a population of 800,000
• Non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health
System and surrounding five-state area
• A full range of services offered, including Careflight airplane and helicopter air
ambulances, Level II Trauma Center, open heart surgery, the... region's only program
for kidney, pancreas and bone marrow transplants, one of the finest birthing centers
nationwide with perinatologists, Level III NICU with neonatologists, PICU with
pediatric intensivists, CARF accredited rehabilitation services and a full spectrum of
mental health care.
The Sioux Falls Community
• South Dakota's largest city with a population of 200,000
• "Best place to live in America" as judged by Money Magazine for its quality of life,
including low crime rate, high quality education, clean air and water, lack of traffic
congestion and friendly residents
• 22 elementary, 5 middle, and 4 high schools
• 13 private schools affiliated with various religious organizations
• Five colleges, nearby state universities and a number of business and vocational
• 80 parks
• Host to professional teams in basketball, baseball, football, hockey and soccer
• The Avera Sports Institute provides comprehensive sports training, rehabilitation and
enhancement programs in a 40,000 square foot year-round athletic training center
• 1835 seat performing arts center
• Empire Mall with 180 stores
• Over 400 restaurants